Mission: Consistent with AASE’s mission to foster and promote the professional development of its members, and to enable and encourage research-based teaching methods, the Assessment Committee exists to support and promote the assessment of issues within the ASP community. The committee’s purpose is to facilitate a culture that recognizes the importance of research-based assessment and appreciates its role in developing professional and programmatic excellence. The goal of the Assessment Committee is to foster an environment of continuous improvement by identifying, communicating and promoting research-based best practices in assessment.
The AASE Assessment Committee will focus on:
- Developing periodic national surveys and/or other forms of assessment using research based best practices to evaluate, academic success and bar support programmatic effectiveness, current trends and practices in our profession, teaching excellence, and student outcomes.
- Reviewing and sharing the data collected about best practices and existing resources with AASE members and other interested professionals.
- Providing opportunities for dialogue about programmatic, teaching, and student outcome assessment.
- Showcasing outstanding programmatic, teaching, and student outcome assessment practices and achievements.
- Creating a centralized resource for information about research-based assessment.
- Create, execute, and update strategic plan for assessment, both short term and long term.